Tailored French Tuition
I offer tailored tuition because everyone is unique in that we learn in a specific way and have our own aims and objectives. My experience includes teaching people of all ages, including people with learning difficulties or confidence issues.
I teach both individuals and groups. Groups can include co-workers, family, friends...
I teach you the language, but I also help you add 'Frenchness' to your life and encourage you to practise regularly, in a way that suits you best. I can offer support via email, Skype and even Twitter as well!
Who? What? Where?
Who can learn French?
My answer is easy: everyone! - regardless or age, level, etc. - because these lessons are designed specifically with each person in mind (individually or within a group). Not just in terms of contents, but also in the way I teach: more or less formally, using books, websites, games, music, video footage...
To give you a better idea of what to expect, you can read what my clients have to say about their experience.
How best can you learn French?
In my experience, people learn best when they enjoy what they do and have a realistic, tailored goal in mind. Here are examples of different ways to learn:
- 'Promenade'- go for a walk and speak French at the same time!
- Conversational French - a relaxed way to keep your French alive
- Skype Pay-As-You-Go Chat - practise French wherever you are, when you have, however much time you've got
- Formal French - develop your writing skills
- Relocation - Moving to France? Make sure you can communicate straight away
- French Surgery - focus on filling in the gaps in your French
- Exam Techniques - find out what is really required to pass with flying colours
- Literature - discover classical and modern jewels
- Translation skills - go beyond individual words to find the meaning
- French culture - learn French in context (especially relevant for A level and uni students!)
Goal: you might want to pass an exam (GCSE, A level,
LCCI...) or want to learn for fun, go on holidays or on a business
trip, I will help you achieve your goal.
If there's a bunch of you wanting to learn French together (up to 5) you can share the cost. Your might even want to suggest your parents, relatives or friends to get you gift vouchers for it !
Feel free to get in touch with me if you are interested and would like to get started.
French Conversation Group
I am not currently running any conversation groups, but if you are interested in running one and need a tutor, do not hesitate to contact me.
Exam Revision Groups
Gather a group of GCSE or A level students who want to pass their exams, decide on a venue that suits everyone, and I'll do the rest!
I have been a student, a teacher and an examiner, so I look at revision in a slightly different way than most teachers.
Conversation Groups for A level students
If you're going to take your AS or A level French this year, the best way to get the grade you want is to practise regularly. An hour a week with me and you'll be more fluent. You check you've understood what you've done in class, get used to speaking French, to do a presentation and revise your oral topics.
If you are looking for a present for a francophone or a francophile who would like to improve/practise their French, stop looking now!
Contact me to get them a language training voucher.